Implement maintenance procedures
Formats and tools
- Display the unit as an HTML page, ready to cut and paste.
- Moodle 1.9 template
- A moodle 1.9 course with content placeholders for the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments.
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- self assess current skill levels for each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute.
- Google Links
- quick links to google searches, customised for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria. I use these for finding resources or as the starting point for getting students to find, post and vote on useful resources in a forum.
Elements and Performance Criteria
Determine best practices for equipment and software maintenance
- Identify equipment and software that are to be maintained and implement processes to ensure future acquisitions of equipment and software are identified
- Identify vendor documentation , peer organisations or research information detailing best practices in equipment and software maintenance to improve system performance and reliability
- Develop recommended maintenance and operations guidelines for equipment and software maintenance based on the above research
- Obtain requirements from user in the area of equipment maintenance and reliability
- Document procedures for maintenance based on best practices
Identify resources to provide equipment and software maintenance
- Identify and record the level of support that can be provided by in-house resources
- Identify and record the support to be supplied by external or third-party organisations
- Develop or update service level agreement (SLA) with internal user and third-party suppliers
Revise practices, where appropriate
- Monitor and review maintenance operation
- Identify problem areas, including failures to meet SLAs, and consider changes to maintenance procedures
- Assess changes in consultation with user, support staff and third-party suppliers
- Design and implement improvements to maintenance procedures