Certificate III in ESI Generation (Systems Operations)
The requirements for granting this qualification is the successful completion:
1. All the Core Units (no weighting attached to Core Units) and the required stream core units for the qualification - Certificate II in ESI Generation (Operations Support), and
2. Six (6) of seven (7) nominated Stream Core Units (no weighting points attached to Stream Core Units). Unit/s not selected as Stream Core could be used as Electives, and
3. Any combination of Elective Units from Schedules 1 and 2 detailed in the Schedule of Electives within this Qualification Structure where the sum of the weighting value is no less than 450points (with a minimum of 225 weighting points drawn from Schedule 2), or,
4. Imported Units from any other Training Package at a similar AQF level qualification. Imported Units must be approved and valued by the National Generation Training Group for them to contribute to the required 450points, and
5. All Prerequisite requirements (no weighting points).
Schedules 1 and 2 forms an integral part of this qualification
Only units nominated as Core and Stream Core units can be recognised when they appear as Core or Stream Core in another qualification.
No provision exists for the double counting of Core and Steam Core Units as Elective Unit points towards a second qualification.
Once an Elective Unit of Competence has been achieved and the points gained have counted towards a qualification the points cannot be used again to contribute towards any other qualification.
Core Units - All required
Comply with Occupational Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
Apply Quality Systems to Work
Operate and Monitor Communications Systems
Maintain and Utilise Records
Apply Environmental and Sustainable Energy Procedures
And the required stream core units for the qualification - Certificate II in ESI Generation (Operations Support)
Stream Core - Must have 6 of 7 units
Plan and Organise Own Work
Operate Local Systems
Conduct Single Energy Source Isolation Procedures for Permit to Work
Operate and Monitor Fixed Fire Protection Systems
Plan and Organise Work
Interpret and Analyse Single Operation Protection Devices
Operate and Monitor Supervisory, Control and Data Acquisition Systems
Elective Units - 450 points from any combination of units from Schedules 1&2 (with a minimum of 225 weighting points drawn from Schedule 2)
End of qualification