Certificate IV in ESI Generation Maintenance (Fabrication)
The requirements for granting this qualification is the successful completion:
1. All the Core Units (no weighting points attached to Core Units), and
2. All five (5) nominated Stream Core Units (no weighting points attached to Stream Core Units). Unit/s not selected as Stream Core could be used as Electives, and
3. Any combination of Elective Units from Schedules 3, 4 and 5 detailed in the Schedule of Electives within this Qualification Structure where the sum of the weighting value is no less than 600 points, (with a minimum of 300 weighting points drawn from Schedule 5), or,
4. Imported Units from any other Training Package at a similar AQF level qualification. Imported Units must be approved and valued by the National Generation Training Group for them to contribute to the required 600 points, and
5. All Prerequisite requirements (no weighting points) including a relevant trade certificate.
Schedules 3, 4 and 5 forms an integral part of this qualification
Only units nominated as Core and Stream Core units can be recognised when they appear as Core or Stream Core in another qualification.
No provision exists for the double counting of Core and Steam Core Units as Elective Unit points towards a second qualification.
Once an Elective Unit of Competence has been achieved and the points gained have counted towards a qualification the points cannot be used again to contribute towards any other qualification.
Core Units - All required
Operate and Monitor Communications Systems
Maintain Quality Systems within the Team
Monitor Compliance Occupational Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
Monitor and Implement the Application of Environmental Plans and Procedures
Stream Core - Must have 5 of 5 units
Install and Maintain Industrial Pipework
Facilitate Effective Workplace Communications
Plan and Organise Work
Conduct Welding Inspections/Supervision
Conduct Technical Inspections of Process Plant and Equipment
Elective Units - 600 points from any combination of units from Schedules 3, 4&5 (with a minimum of 300 weighting points drawn from Schedule 5)
End of qualification