Diploma of ESI Generation (Systems Operations)
The requirements for granting this qualification is the successful completion:
1. All the Core Units (no weighting points attached to Core Units) and the required stream core units for the qualification - Certificate IV in ESI Generation (Systems Operations), and
2. Must acquire five (5) of the nine (9) nominated Stream Core Units (no weighting points attached to Stream Core Units). Unit/s not selected as Stream Core could be used as Electives, and
3. Any combination of Elective Units from Schedules 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 detailed in the Schedule of Electives within this Qualification Structure where the sum of the weighting value is no less than 750points, (with a minimum of 375 weighting points drawn from Schedule 6), or,
4. Imported Units from any other Training Package. However imported Units must be approved and valued by the National Generation Training group in order for them to contribute to the required 750points, and
5. All Prerequisite requirements.
Schedules 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8 forms an integral part of this qualification
Only Core and Stream Core Units can be recognised when they appear as Core or Stream Core in another qualification.
No provision exists for the double counting of Core and Steam Core Units as Elective Unit points towards a second qualification.
Once an Elective Unit of Competence has been achieved and the points gained have been counted towards a qualification the points cannot be used again to contribute towards any other qualification.
Core Units - All required
Operate and Monitor Communications Systems
Maintain Quality Systems within the Team
Monitor and Implement Environmental Plans and Procedures
Manage Occupational Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
And the required stream core units for the qualification - Certificate IV in ESI Generation (Systems Operations)
Stream Core Units - Must have 5 of 9 units
Develop Contingency Plans
Operate and Monitor System Equipment
Perform Cost Estimations
Manage Critical Incidents
Coordinate First Response Team Operation
Coordinate and Direct Switching Program
Manage the Network/Systems
Manage Operational Crisis to Maintain/Restore Power System Integrity
Coordinate Power Generation
Elective Units - 750 points from any combination of units from Schedules 1, 2, 4, 6 and 8, (with a minimum of 375 weighting points drawn from Schedules 4&6)
End of qualification