Diploma of ESI Generation (Electrical/Electronic)
The requirements for granting this qualification is the successful completion:
1. All the Core Units (no weighting points attached to Core Units) and the qualification - Certificate IV in ESI Generation Maintenance (Electrical/Electronic), and
2. Must acquire five (5) of the nine (9) of nominated Stream Core Units (no weighting points attached to Stream Core Units). Unit/s not selected as Stream Core could be used as Electives, and
3. Any combination of Elective Units from Schedules 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8detailed in the Schedule of Electives within this Qualification Structure where the sum of the weighting value is no less than 750points, (with a minimum of 375 weighting points drawn from Schedules 6 or 7), or,
4. Imported Units from any other Training Package. However imported Units must be approved and valued by the National Generation Training group in order for them to contribute to the required 750points, and
5. All Prerequisite requirements.
Schedules 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8 forms an integral part of this qualification
Only Core and Stream Core Units can be recognised when they appear as Core or Stream Core in another qualification.
No provision exists for the double counting of Core and Steam Core Units as Elective Unit points towards a second qualification.
Once an Elective Unit of Competence has been achieved and the points gained have been counted towards a qualification the points cannot be used again to contribute towards any other qualification.
Core Units - All required
Operate and Monitor Communications Systems
Maintain Quality Systems within the Team
Monitor and Implement the Application of Environmental Plans and Procedures
Manage Occupational Health and Safety Policy and Procedures
And the qualification - Certificate IV in ESI Generation Maintenance (Electrical/Electronic)
Stream Core - Must have 5 of 9 units
Coordinate Team Activities
Conduct Project Management
Manage Quality Control Procedures
Tune Process Plant and Equipment
Diagnose&Repair Faults in Electronic/Electrical Systems
Test and Commission Electrical/Electronic Systems
Diagnose and Repair Faults in Instrumentation Systems
Test and Commission Instrumentation Systems
Elective Units - 750 points from any combination of units from Schedules 3, 5, 6, 7&8 (with a minimum of 375 weighting points drawn from Schedules 6 or 7)
End of qualification