Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ACMCAS303A, 'Provide advice on selection and care of aquatic animals'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide advice on selection and care of aquatic animals' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Provide information and advice on aquatic animal selection
1.1. Interpersonal skills are used effectively to engage customers and identify their requirements.
1.2. Client profiles are developed during communication with customers.
1.3. Information is provided on the level of care required by different species of aquatic animals.
1.4. Advice is provided on the suitability of the selected species to meet customers' requirements.
2. Advise on housing and environmental requirements
2.1. Suitable housing and shelter requirements for species are discussed and selected.
2.2. Water features and landscaping requirements are identified and recommended to suit animals' requirements.
2.3. Set-up and maintenance of housing are explained and demonstrated as required.
2.4. Advice is provided on the introduction of animals to a new environment.
3. Advise on aquatic support systems
3.1. Systems are identified and demonstrated to customers.
3.2. Systems are evaluated and recommendations are made to customers.
3.3. Additional equipment and related services are discussed and demonstrated as required.
3.4. Transportation of animal and/or equipment is arranged and instructions are provided to customers.
4. Advise on health and nutritional requirements
4.1. Animals' environmental health requirements are discussed with customers.
4.2. Information is provided on recommended treatments and medications for the selected animals.
4.3. Dietary requirements are explained and recommended for the selected animals.
4.4. Grooming requirements are explained for the selected animals.
5. Complete aquatic animal sales transactions
5.1. Sales of animals and/or products and services are completed in accordance with organisational policies and procedures.
5.2. Legislative requirements are complied with for the sale or transportation of the selected animals.
5.3. Records are maintained and customers are followed up in accordance with organisational policies and procedures.