Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ACMGAS205A, 'Assist in health care of animals'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Assist in health care of animals' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Assist in capture of animals
1.1. Animal behaviour is observed and noted prior to capture.
1.2. Methods to be used to capture animals are confirmed with supervisor.
1.3. Role of self and others in capture process are clarified in accordance with occupational health and safety (OHS) and workplace requirements.
1.4. Positive identification of animals to be treated is confirmed with supervisor.
1.5. Assistance is provided in moving animal to inspection area.
2. Assist in assessment of animals
2.1. Animal is appropriately restrained under supervision.
2.2. External features and vital signs of animal health are determined.
2.3. Animal is inspected under supervision for general health and wellbeing and findings reported.
2.4. Supervisor's observations on animal health are recorded.
3. Assist in treatment of animals
3.1. Equipment and supplies are prepared according to instructions.
3.2. Treatment protocols for common health maintenance issues are determined.
3.3. Assistance is provided in the application of treatments.
3.4. Treatment is documented using workplace protocols.
3.5. Post-treatment routines are completed.