Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCAGB501, 'Develop climate risk management strategies'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop climate risk management strategies' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Survey climate and enterprise data
1.1 Obtain and interpret historical climate data from a range of sources
1.2 Identify weather and climate risk factors
1.3 Collect information on normal and significant climate events and their impact on natural and rural systems
1.4 Detail current and historical property and enterprise production
1.5 Review short and long term enterprise goals to ensure they fit within climatic constraints
1.6 Source, present and update climate and enterprise data according to enterprise requirements
2. Climate risks and opportunities are identified and analysed
2.1 Analyse forecasted changes of seasonal climate
2.2 Identify climate risks and opportunities
2.3 Determine impact on production of different weather and climate risk factors according to enterprise requirements
2.4 Identify and develop qualitative and quantitative risk and opportunity factors
2.5 Evaluate importance of climate variability and significant climate events
2.6 Outline tactics to address a range of different climate variability risks and opportunities
2.7 Identify contingency options for enterprises and the business
3. Prepare climate risk management strategies
3.1 Analyse climate variability and seasonal climate forecasts
3.2 Address insurance and other options in business strategies
3.3 Address major climate risk factors in business strategies
3.4 Prepare financial outcomes for all strategies according to enterprise guidelines
3.5 Predict impacts on the environment, property value and equity for the preferred strategies
3.6 Review preferred production, enterprise or alternative strategies and select options according to enterprise requirements
3.7 Present a planned strategy to cope with variable climate and climate risk management