Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCAGB508, 'Improve agricultural sustainability using renewable energy and recycle systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Improve agricultural sustainability using renewable energy and recycle systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Identify opportunities to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and use recycling
1.1 Identify areas of each enterprise to improve efficient use of energy and cost savings to work practices, using renewable energy resources, recycling products and other ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
1.2 Identify available government subsidies for the implementation of strategies using renewable energy or recycling and potential cost savings to the business in the longer term.
1.3 Identify the specified standards of quality, licensing, regulatory requirements, government legislation and safety issues for the introduction of any renewable energy resources and recycled products
1.4 Identify potential income earnings capabilities to business by on selling energy excesses or recycled products.
1.5 Measure improvement outcomes from the introduction of renewable energy sources and recycling products in relation to achieving greater sustainability.
1.6 Identify and conduct risk assessment for work health and safety hazards
2. Develop strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and use recycling
2.1 Develop strategies to apply principles of sustainability to address greenhouse gas emissions from using renewable energy resources, recycled products and improved work practices.
2.2 Estimate plant, material, labour and other associated costs in consultation with appropriate person(s) or organization(s).
2.3 Develop a budget for estimated plant, material, labour and other associated costs
2.4 Develop effective work plan strategies for the introduction of renewable energy resources and recycled products.
2.5 Investigate sources and availability of materials and human resources needed to complete work plan
2.6 Develop risk management strategies including contingencies to maintain supply to contract on time and incorporate into the plan.
2.7 Develop work health and safety risk control measures and establish procedures
3. Implement strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and use recycling
3.1 Implement and monitor the plan for renewable energy and recycling products to ensure on time supply of plant and materials.
3.2 Monitor the progress of strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and recycling against schedule, quality requirements and budget.
3.3 Identify unplanned events and deal with safely and effectively, consistent with regulatory requirements and enterprise policy.
3.4 Review plan against required inputs and make adjustments to rectify any anomalies to meet and supply contractual arrangements on time.
3.5 Monitor work health and safety risk control measures and procedures and implement changes
3.6 Evaluate the improvement outcomes and document appropriate corrective action taken with a view to improvement.