Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCBEK203, 'Open and reassemble a beehive'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Open and reassemble a beehive' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Prepare to open a beehive
1.1 Select, check and use personal protective equipment (PPE)
1.2 Identify work health and safety hazards and take action as directed
1.3 Identify tools and equipment required for the work
1.4 Conduct checks on tools and equipment and report insufficient or faulty items
1.5 Assess weather conditions and nectar availability and adjust planned activities to minimise risk of robbing and hive stress
1.6 Follow site quarantine and biosecurity protocols where in effect
1.7 Use appropriate manual or mechanical handling techniques and minimise damage to beehive
2. Open the beehive
2.1 Control bees throughout the opening process by using smoke
2.2 Carry out work from a safe position in relation to beehive
2.3 Raise beehive lid using hive tool and remove queen excluder, frames and supers as required
2.4 Place all removed frames and supers on upside down lid to ensure they remain dirt free
3. Reassemble the beehive
3.1 Place brood frames back into hive in the same position from which they were removed unless manipulation is being undertaken
3.2 Replace all frames in appropriate boxes and replace queen excluders and supers
3.3 Replace beehive lid and where used, secure with hive fastener