Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCILM405, 'Develop work practices to accommodate cultural identity'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop work practices to accommodate cultural identity' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Investigate government policies and practices relating to Indigenous peoples since European settlement
1.1 Outline the intentions of government policies and practices since European settlement
1.2 Summarise the effects of these policies and practices on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
1.3 Outline how these policies and practices affected Community or family
2. Identify changes that have occurred in Indigenous societies
2.1 Summarise and document government policies operating since European settlement
2.2 Outline the changes that have occurred to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies as a result of policies and practices, the responses and the views of Indigenous groups
2.3 Describe the impacts of these changes on the Indigenous Community or family
3. Outline effects of current work related issues on Indigenous societies
3.1 Define key work related issues that impact on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies today
3.2 Describe and record the people involved in key issues
3.3 Summarise and record Community views on issues
3.4 Identify methods of addressing the keys issues
3.5 Predict the future outcomes or resolutions for these issues
4. Determine the impacts of competing factors on self-esteem and identity
4.1 Describe events and occurrences in everyday life that give rise to feelings of both positive and negative self-esteem for Indigenous personnel
4.2 Identify elements which affect self-esteem
4.3 Describe and record how these elements impact on self-esteem
4.4 Develop positive strategies for dealing with impacts on self-esteem and identity
5. Design work practices to accommodate cultural identity
5.1 Define and implement work practices which enhance individual's morale
5.2 Incorporate elements which affect self-esteem in work environments into the work practices
5.3 Consult staff in the preparation and design of these work practices according to Community and organisational protocols and guidelines
5.4 Develop positive strategies for dealing with work practices that impact on self-esteem and identity