Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCIRG401A, 'Acquire resources for irrigation installation and construction'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Acquire resources for irrigation installation and construction' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Notify client, authorities and agencies of the schedule of works
1.1. All fees due are paid and parking restrictions arranged as appropriate.
1.2. Insurance cover is established and provision for security made.
1.3. Irrigation installation and construction date is confirmed with client.
1.4. All authorities requiring formal notification of commencement of work are contacted.
2. Organise delivery of site accommodation
2.1. Site facilities are delivered and positioned on site.
2.2. Site signage is erected to comply with local government regulations.
3. Organise delivery of plant
3.1. On-site plant delivery dates are confirmed.
3.2. Rubbish removal facility is set up.
4. Arrange connection of temporary services
4.1. Temporary power and water connections are arranged with service providers, as required.
4.2. Temporary site access and egress is authorised by local authority, as required.
5. Organise on-site labour
5.1. Construction work supervisor is engaged/appointed.
5.2. Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and industrial relation matters are addressed as required.
5.3. Appropriate installation/construction workers are employed according to contract.
6. Order material
6.1. Orders for materials are placed and site delivery dates organised using approved enterprise procedures and documentation.
6.2. Final pre-construction adjustments are made to satisfy the schedule as required by contract.