Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCLSK207A, 'Load and unload livestock'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Load and unload livestock' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Check facilities and equipment for sound working conditions
1.1. Required facilities and equipment are identified.
1.2. The work site, facilities and equipment are checked for hazards and safety concerns are reported.
1.3. Repairs and maintenance of facilities and equipment required for the loading or unloading of livestock are carried out where necessary.
1.4. Personal protective clothing and equipment is used and stored.
2. Load animals
2.1. Animals are mustered, yarded/caught, prepared for transport, loaded and counted using safe working methods.
2.2. Numbers of livestock are recorded according to enterprise procedures.
2.3. Identification details of individual animals are recorded as required.
2.4. Vendor declarations and any other required documentation are completed.
2.5. Animal identification tags are fitted as required.
2.6. Livestock are loaded in compliance with animal welfare and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements.
3. Unload animals
3.1. Animals are unloaded in safe manner to ensure no injury to personnel or animals.
3.2. Numbers of livestock are recorded according to enterprise procedures.
3.3. Agreement on condition of animals is reached with the receiving and/or dispatching party.
4. Perform appropriate animal health procedure
4.1. Stock is sorted if required.
4.2. Animal health treatments are performed off truck as instructed.
4.3. Animals are fed and watered to enterprise requirements.