Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCLSK311, 'Implement feeding plans for livestock'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement feeding plans for livestock' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Determine livestock condition and nutritional requirements
1.1 Monitor and report livestock condition
1.2 Identify livestock production status
1.3 Source livestock nutritional requirements and the nutritional value of feedstuffs from the feeding plan
1.4 Use feeding plans to determine adjustment in response to the monitoring of livestock condition and pasture growth
1.5 Report and separate animals that are in atypical condition, injured or diseased in line with enterprise biosecurity policies
1.6 Apply enterprise animal welfare policies to livestock handling and husbandry activities
2. Assess pasture feed
2.1 Assess quantity and quality of available pasture
2.2 Implement grazing management plans and monitor to ensure the sustainable stocking capacity of pasture
2.3 Monitor grazing behaviour of livestock and identify shy or problem feeders
2.4 Determine livestock feeding methods and level of supplementary feeding if required
3. Manage the feeding of livestock
3.1 Graze livestock on pasture according to the guidelines described in the feeding plan
3.2 Obtain required supplementary feed
3.3 Provide supplementary feed to livestock in the appropriate manner and times
3.4 Identify and assess indications of any negative environmental impacts and make amendments to the feeding method as required
3.5 Monitor and report condition and live weight response to feeding