Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCLSK405, 'Implement intensive production systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement intensive production systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Prepare for production operations
1.1 Identify and obtain documents within the enterprise that detail the requirements of the production program
1.2 Assess and calculate the resources required for the production operations from the product to be produced, the available timelines, the available resources, and the types of housing and feeding infrastructure
1.3 Determine measurable indicators, specifications and targets based on the production program and type of housing and feeding infrastructure
1.4 Hold discussions with operational personnel and immediate management to discuss the production program
1.5 Identify, seek and obtain approvals that are required for the production operations
2. Communicate production program and complete administration activities
2.1 Co-ordinate, schedule and communicate regularly with people, materials and equipment required for the operations according to the prepared plan to ensure smooth operation and progress
2.2 Identify work health and safety hazards, assess risks and take responsive action throughout the production operations
2.3 Communicate clearly to operational personnel the procedures and tools to be used, personal protective equipment to be used/worn, types of records to be kept, work health and safety hazards that have been identified, and actions to be taken to mitigate the work health and safety risks, and seek confirmation of the communication from the operational personnel
2.4 Promptly and accurately complete documentation and records
2.5 Provide advice to operational staff and contractors during the production operations when requested, or when the need arises
3. Manage livestock and production environment
3.1 Monitor herd/flock regularly for signs of ill health or injuries and record and report observations
3.2 Monitor housing and feeding infrastructure regularly for signs of damage, wear and tear, and record and report observations
3.3 Supervise examination of dead livestock for evidence of disease through correct post-mortem techniques and seek veterinary advice if required
3.4 Assess and evaluate disease status of livestock, notify or report to appropriate personnel and seek veterinary assistance if required
3.5 Monitor components of quarantine procedures regularly to ensure compliance with regulatory and industry standards
3.6 Monitor and adjust aspects of the production system environment in line with the production program
4. Manage effluent and waste
4.1 Monitor effluent storage and disposal systems according to production program and manufacturer instructions
4.2 Calculate, monitor and document volume and type of effluent
4.3 Monitor the removal of all waste and debris from the production environment
4.4 Carry out ongoing production environment maintenance program throughout all seasons
4.5 Monitor and report on the regulatory and legislative requirements associated with the production program
5. Monitor and adjust production operations
5.1 Ensure monitoring of components specified in the production plan is adhered to
5.2 Make checks to ensure that work health and safety requirements are being observed and followed
5.3 Make checks to ensure that environment regulatory requirements are being observed and followed
5.4 Communicate with operational staff and contractors regularly to ensure smooth operation and progress
5.5 Make checks to ensure that all documentation and records required by regulatory agencies, industry and enterprise are completed clearly, promptly and accurately
5.6 Take corrective action promptly when required
5.7 Collate and store documentation and records appropriately
5.8 Prepare recommendations for future production programs based on the conduct of the operations, the data collected and the discussions with enterprise staff and contractors
5.9 Report on the progress and key aspects of the production operations and throughput to enterprise