Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCLSK410, 'Supervise feedlot operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Supervise feedlot operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Select feedlot livestock
1.1 Consult enterprise plans and management regarding the breeds, classes and numbers of livestock to be obtained for feedlotting
1.2 Select and purchase livestock for feedlotting
1.3 Inspect purchased livestock on delivery for satisfactory health and condition
1.4 Complete required documentation and records accurately and promptly, and store these appropriately
2. Oversee the preparation of rations for feedlot livestock
2.1 Identify nutritional needs of livestock from information available and enterprise production targets
2.2 Gather expert advice on livestock nutrition from the appropriate government, industry or enterprise sources
2.3 Select feed ingredients that meet the identified nutritional needs of livestock
2.4 Select suppliers of feed ingredients based on quality and cost benefit ratios
2.5 Determine quantities of feed ingredients required based on available information and advice
2.6 Formulate feeding schedule and allocate responsibility for feeding livestock to appropriate personnel
2.7 Assess and identify method(s) of feeding livestock based on available information and advice
3. Supervise feeding of feedlot livestock
3.1 Organise mixing of feed to suit the needs of the livestock, the identified nutritional requirements, and the equipment available within the enterprise
3.2 Supervise calibration of measuring equipment and calculation of feed ingredient quantities
3.3 Supervise the selection, maintenance and use of suitable personal protective equipment
3.4 Identify work health and safety hazards, assess risks and implement control measures
3.5 Supervise the feeding of livestock according to production program
4. Monitor performance of feedlot livestock
4.1 Monitor the health and condition of livestock and their production levels; record and report any reaction or change to a change in feed types, ingredients or schedules
4.2 Provide advice to enterprise staff on the feeding of livestock when requested, or when the need arises
4.3 Supervise the storage, removal and disposal of all feed wastes and debris from the production environment
4.4 Supervise the dispatch of livestock for slaughter with required identification and documentation
4.5 Collate and analyse feedback from slaughter point and downstream customers
4.6 Maintain and store documentation and records appropriately