Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCLSK503, 'Develop and implement a breeding strategy'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop and implement a breeding strategy' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Assess breeding requirements
1.1 Assess and clarify breeding requirements
1.2 Identify and arrange resources to support breeding requirements
1.3 Select breeding options to optimise results and consistency
1.4 Undertake economic assessments to establish the feasibility of the breeding objectives
1.5 Formulate breeding program to meet enterprise objectives, and ensure sufficient flexibility to accommodate contingencies
2. Select livestock for breeding
2.1 Determine selection criteria for the visual and objective methods of selecting livestock based on heritability and economic returns for the enterprise
2.2 Establish culling and replacement practices to maintain or improve appropriate herd size, animal ratios and grade of livestock
2.3 Assess genetic gain potential to determine and justify herd or flock structure
2.4 Source genetic material to optimise genetic gain within the herd or flock from suitable sources
2.5 Check and monitor selected livestock to ensure condition and welfare status meets breeding program requirements
2.6 Carry out measurements of production and genetic characteristics and evaluate results within appropriate breeding program requirements
3. Monitor breeding program
3.1 Monitor implementation of the breeding program for efficiency and effectiveness
3.2 Prioritise and implement changes necessary to achieve breeding aims according to breeding program requirements
3.3 Monitor and control allocated resources within enterprise budgetary constraints
3.4 Maintain safe workplace and environmentally responsible practices in line with industry and enterprise work health and safety and environment sustainability requirements
3.5 Observe and comply with relevant legislative requirements associated with livestock production such as animal welfare and biosecurity requirements
4. Evaluate breeding program
4.1 Review and evaluate breeding program processes and outcomes against enterprise objectives
4.2 Evaluate performance of facilities, resources and equipment for effectiveness and efficiency
4.3 Evaluate effectiveness of selection criteria for contribution to achievement of breeding aims and enterprise profitability
4.4 Document relevant information for continual assessment to inform future practice