Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCMOM501, 'Manage machinery and equipment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage machinery and equipment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Evaluate machinery and equipment
1.1 Review and match operations of available machinery and equipment to production processes
1.2 Calculate operation and servicing costs of machinery and equipment to justify total purchasing price
1.3 Estimate productivity returns from machinery and equipment to identify benefit to production processes
1.4 Monitor machinery and equipment replacement cycles to identify improvement options and maximise life cycles of components
1.5 Acquire machinery and equipment through appropriate procurement options
2. Coordinate maintenance
2.1 Identify and schedule maintenance and service cycles to ensure servicing is according to manufacturer's specifications and production processes
2.2 Cost and arrange storing and housing of machinery and equipment
2.3 Document and record operational and service history
2.4 Identify and risk assess work health and safety hazards in the workplace and review and record risk controls
2.5 Provide, use, maintain and store suitable personal protective equipment according to work health and safety requirements
2.6 Develop and monitor repair and maintenance routines according to manufacturer's specifications and work health and safety requirements
3. Monitor operation
3.1 Make available, maintain and dispose of consumables and operational support materials according to enterprise requirements
3.2 Monitor environmental implications and workplace safety practices according to enterprise requirements
3.3 Ensure operational procedures are clear, documented and followed according to manufacturer's specifications
3.4 Provide operators with competent instruction and appropriate supervision according to work health and safety requirements