Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCNAR202, 'Maintain wildlife habitat refuges'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain wildlife habitat refuges' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Assess the scope of the refuge maintenance job
1.1 Identify species to be protected and determine their behaviour pattern
1.2 Identify characteristics of refuges required for target species
1.3 Determine locations of refuges
1.4 Estimate time to complete the work
1.5 Identify environmental risks associated with the work
1.6 Determine vehicles, equipment and materials required to complete the work
2. Prepare for the refuge maintenance job
2.1 Determine location and boundaries for the wildlife habitat refuge maintenance job in accordance with the pest management strategy and monitoring program
2.2 Conduct safety risk assessment and apply work health and safety policies and procedures
2.3 Take precautions to minimise environmental and biosecurity risks associated with the work
2.4 Check vehicles, equipment and materials for serviceability and cleanliness in accordance with manufacturer specifications and relevant enterprise policies
3. Maintain wildlife habitat refuges for protection of desirable species from predators
3.1 Operate vehicles and equipment in accordance with manufacturer and organisational procedures
3.2 Maintain wildlife habitat refuges in accordance with industry practice and environmental statutory requirements
3.3 Implement strategies to control vertebrate pests in a wildlife habitat
3.4 Identify harbours used by pest animals and notify supervisor
3.5 Dispose of debris from site in accordance with industry practice and environmentally sustainable and work health and safety policies and procedures
4. Clean and store equipment and material
4.1 Clean and store equipment and materials to enterprise and environmental standards in order to maintain biosecurity of area
4.2 Record job completion according to relevant policies and procedures