Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCNRM501, 'Develop a coastal rehabilitation strategy'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop a coastal rehabilitation strategy' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Identify and describe coastal resources and assets
1.1 Identify existing sources of information on the coastal zone resource to be managed, including advice from the relevant land manager, organisation or group
1.2 Conduct site survey to determine physical or biological entities and resources and threatening processes
1.3 Identify cultural and heritage sites within the zone and arrange for an archaeological assessment, if required
1.4 Determine resource use, management stakeholders and the requirements and opportunities for consultation
2. Establish condition of coastal area
2.1 Assess current ecological and environmental condition of resources within the coastal area
2.2 Assess the impact on the resources and assets of threatening processes within the area
2.3 Present preliminary findings on the coastal resource and its condition to stakeholders
3. Develop a strategy to rehabilitate the coastal area
3.1 Analyse information gathered to make decisions on management options
3.2 Present findings to management authority and seek direction on drafting management actions
3.3 Implement processes for consultation with management, enterprise staff, consultants and stakeholders in accordance with enterprise policies and procedures
3.4 Establish strategy and prioritise activities for asset rehabilitation and improvement in accordance with environmental sustainability practices
3.5 Design management action plan for implementation of the strategy
3.6 Document management and stakeholder acceptance of the plan according to organisational policies
3.7 Confirm plan complies with legislative and regulatory requirements and industry standards
3.8 Obtain formal consent from relevant land manager or authority
4. Implement and monitor the strategy and action plan
4.1 Seek funds and volunteer assistance to undertake works
4.2 Coordinate works with stakeholders
4.3 Monitor progress of works in accordance with strategy plans
4.4 Monitor volunteers to ensure they follow work health and safety, biosecurity and environmental sustainability policies and procedures
4.5 Review strategies and actions and make recommendations for change
5. Evaluate rehabilitation strategy
5.1 Monitor changes in resource condition and evaluate effectiveness of strategy
5.2 Report findings to management and stakeholders with recommendations for adjustments to strategy