Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCNRM505, 'Provide technical advice on sustainable catchment management'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide technical advice on sustainable catchment management' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Respond to requests for advice on sustainable catchment management
1.1 Respond to requests for advice from land managers
1.2 Seek information on location, land management or production objectives and land management concerns
1.3 Review state and regional legislation, regulations and strategies relevant to the region in relation to potential constraints
1.4 Confirm options and processes for provision of advice with land managers
2. Identify and analyse land management issues
2.1 Conduct a site assessment to collect information on geological characteristics, ecological processes and biodiversity
2.2 Apply work health and safety policies and procedures, environmentally sustainable practices and biosecurity measures when conducting site assessments
2.3 Collect information on land uses and land management techniques
2.4 Interpret site information for land managers and other relevant stakeholders in a supportive and non-threatening manner
2.5 Evaluate the types and levels of land degradation in the site assessment
3. Provide advice on sustainable land and catchment management
3.1 Provide advice that complies with State and regional legislation, regulations and strategies
3.2 Propose options for changing land management practices, taking into account economic factors, technical difficulty, practical feasibility, social and environmental acceptability
3.3 Advise land manager on outcomes of analysis, sustainable land management techniques, whole property planning and remediation measures
3.4 Provide resource materials and information on supportive programs and funding