Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCORG407, 'Manage a landless organic production system'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage a landless organic production system' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Manage health and welfare in the enterprise
1.1. Consider the requirements for the enterprise being managed to ensure optimal health and welfare and implement an optimal growing environment based on Organic Standards or agro-ecological principles
1.2 Select and use varieties and genetics for the enterprise to optimise health and that match environmental conditions
1.3 Implement a nutrition program for optimal enterprise health
1.4 Monitor the enterprise constantly for health and welfare and keep records
1.5 Develop preventative health strategies for the enterprise, communicate to others working in the enterprise and implement
1.6 Use pest and disease inputs that meet relevant Organic Standards or agro-ecological principles where required
1.7 Document use of any inputs for pest and disease management. Follow restrictions if applicable on prohibited or restricted inputs for organic systems
1.8 Ensure transport and handling of organisms or produce is in compliance with organic certification requirements and animal welfare where applicable
1.9 Maintain enterprise records required for organic certification where required
2. Develop and implement enterprise nutrition requirements
2.1 Determine nutrition requirements for the enterprise that takes into account seasonal variability and biological needs
2.2 Implement a nutritional strategy that ensures optimal enterprise health at all times
2.3 Use nutritional inputs in the nutrition program that meets relevant Organic Standards or agro-ecological principles
2.4 Implement good storage practises for inputs to ensure quality is maintained
2.5 Where applicable, integrate resources and nutrients from local and complementary biomass sources as part of the nutritional strategy
2.6 Keep feed records for enterprise management and to ensure compliance to Organic Standards where applicable
3. Develop and manage a suitable growing environment for the enterprise
3.1 Undertake planning to ensure a suitable growing environment for the enterprise that takes into account all biological needs for the organisms
3.2 Implement and manage enterprise infrastructure to ensure optimal growing conditions and enterprise welfare at all times
3.3 Minimise waste and outputs from the enterprise by reusing and recycling by-products where possible
3.4 Monitor the growing environment and infrastructure and improve where applicable
3.5 Keep records on activities where applicable
4. Implement a suitable restocking or breeding program for the enterprise
4.1 Identify suitable source of organisms or genetics for the enterprise
4.2 Ensure requirements for replacement stock for the enterprise are being met
4.3 Select and use varieties and genetics for the enterprise that match business objectives
4.4 Ensure the breeding or restocking strategy is meeting all animal welfare needs at all times where applicable
4.5 Ensure transport and handling of any source stock is in compliance with organic certification requirements and animal welfare where applicable
4.6 Implement enterprise animal welfare polices