Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCPHT503, 'Manage a controlled growing environment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage a controlled growing environment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Identify crop requirements
1.1 Determine crop growth and production requirements according to a documented production plan
1.2 Research environmental parameters for optimal growing conditions for the specific crop, using available information resources
1.3 Identify and record controlled growing environment factors
2. Determine requirements for controlled growing environment
2.1 Identify, cost and confirm availability of structures, machinery, equipment and resources required to control environmental conditions
2.2 Identify detrimental environmental impacts associated with the controlled growing environment system
3. Prepare a management plan for controlled growing environment
3.1 Determine management objectives for controlled growing environment consistent with production plan and market requirements for crop quantity and quality
3.2 Develop a schedule of environmental control procedures according to controlled environment management objectives
3.3 Evaluate and report staff training needs with regard to operation and maintenance of environmental control systems
3.4 Document a budget supporting the controlled environment management plan and seek approval
3.5 Communicate the schedule of environmental control procedures clearly to staff
4. Manage controlled growing environment
4.1 Identify controlled environment indicators and thresholds for remedial action for monitoring
4.2 Develop monitoring frequency and schedule according to the requirements of the production plan and communicate to staff
4.3 Record, analyse and apply all monitoring data to ensure optimal plant development
4.4 Document and report remedial action undertaken
4.5 Monitor costs of the controlled growing environment system against budget
4.6 Record and report budget adjustments
4.7 Evaluate recorded information, budget data and production outputs and document operational achievements towards management objectives in a report