Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCPLY305, 'Beak tip poultry'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Beak tip poultry' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Prepare to beak tip birds
1.1 Follow site entry biosecurity procedures as specified by the enterprise
1.2 Flock for beak tipping is identified and health and welfare of birds are assessed prior to the beak tipping operation
1.3 Confirm beak tipping instructions with farm management and communicate clearly to team personnel
1.4 Select, check and maintain equipment, tools and personal protective equipment suitable for the beak tipping operation
1.5 Identify birds to be culled and euthanase appropriately
1.6 Set up equipment according to age, breed and production system of flock
1.7 Identify work health and safety hazards, assess risks and implement suitable controls
1.8 Prepare a clean and safe area for the beak tipping operation
2. Carry out beak tipping
2.1 Handle birds according to enterprise animal welfare policies, relevant regulatory requirements, codes of practice and industry standards
2.2 Assess beak shape, length and hardness
2.3 Beak treat or beak trim birds appropriately
2.4 Check trimmed beaks and re-cauterise bleeding beaks
2.5 Monitor the welfare of birds throughout the beak tipping operation
2.6 Check the welfare of beak tipped birds and make adjustments to equipment where necessary
2.7 Identify birds to be culled that have been compromised by the beak tipping operation, and carry out euthanasia in line with enterprise policies
3. Complete beak tipping and post-operation procedures
3.1 Assess and check that beak lengths and beak steps meet enterprise standards
3.2 Complete required documentation and records, and make reports to enterprise if required
3.3 Complete enterprise biosecurity procedures
3.4 Clean, sanitise, maintain and appropriately store equipment and tools