Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AMPCOR403, 'Participate in workplace health and safety risk control process'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Participate in workplace health and safety risk control process' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Participate in workplace inspections
1.1 Facilitate group processes to identify potential workplace health and safety hazards
1.2 Participate in workplace inspections to identify potential hazards
1.3 Fulfil reporting obligations
1.4 Implement risk control processes
2. Participate in workplace health and safety risk control process
2.1 Participate in risk assessment processes
2.2 Control hazards in accordance with hierarchy of controls
2.3 Initiate workplace procedures for dealing with hazardous events
2.4 Inform relevant parties about any action taken and/or report it to designated personnel
3. Monitor implementation of safe work practices
3.1 Demonstrate, by example, compliance with safe work practices
3.2 Monitor safe work performance by employees
3.3 Implement safe work practices in accordance with regulatory requirements
4. Assist development of safe work practices
4.1 Develop changes to work procedures or Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in accordance with risk control processes and regulatory requirements
4.2 Consult employees in relation to the development of safe work practices
4.3 Reinforce employee understanding of safe work procedures on-the-job
5. Contribute to participative arrangements for the management of workplace health and safety
5.1 Implement and monitor consultation procedures about workplace health and safety issues to ensure that all workers may contribute
5.2 Deal with, resolve promptly, or refer to appropriate personnel issues raised through consultation in accordance with workplace procedures
5.3 Disseminate outcomes of consultation over WHS issues to the work group promptly
6. Contribute to workplace rehabilitation program as appropriate
6.1 Contribute to workplace rehabilitation programs in accordance with the requirements of a rehabilitation co-ordinator and/or provider