Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AMPMGT510, 'Manage transportation of meat, meat products and meat by-products'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage transportation of meat, meat products and meat by-products' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Implement requirements for the transportation of meat, meat products and meat by-products
1.1 Identify and follow regulatory, customer and enterprise requirements for the hygienic, safe and timely transportation of meat, meat products and meat by-products
1.2 Assess and allocate resource requirements
2. Establish transportation policies and procedures
2.1 Develop systems and procedures for the operation of meat transport vehicles for the hygienic and safe transport of meat, meat products and meat by-products
2.2 Develop security procedures and systems
2.3 Establish and maintain reporting and recording procedures
2.4 Develop and monitor supplier quality requirements and standards
2.5 Inform and mentor personnel, including contractors, in the performance of their obligations and responsibilities, including workplace health and safety
3. Manage transportation logistics
3.1 Analyse and select transport options
3.2 Prepare and negotiate contracts and schedules according to customer and production requirements
3.3 Complete documentation according to enterprise, customer and regulatory requirements
3.4 Maintain vehicles to ensure the hygienic transportation of meat
3.5 Operate storage facilities according to enterprise and regulatory requirements
3.6 Track and monitor consignments
4. Determine and manage transportation costs
4.1 Calculate cost of storage and transport
4.2 Prepare and monitor transport budget
4.3 Review procedures for cost savings
5. Manage contingencies
5.1 Develop contingency plans according to enterprise requirements
5.2 Analyse changing circumstances, and prioritise and clarify responses
5.3 Communicate impacts of changed schedules to all relevant parties
6. Review transportation of meat, meat products and meat by-products to improve customer service
6.1 Monitor and review resources, procedures and schedules for effectiveness and efficiency
6.2 Include customer feedback and requirements in review of transportation procedures and schedules
6.3 Involve team in continuous improvement processes
7. Establish effective communication with customers
7.1 Determine customer requirements
7.2 Resolve customer complaints promptly
7.3 Ensure communication strategies are inclusive of the cultural, ethnic and social diversity of individuals and groups
8. Produce reports
8.1 Produce reports according to legal and enterprise requirements