Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AMPMGT803, 'Communicate and negotiate in a culturally diverse context'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Communicate and negotiate in a culturally diverse context' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Analyse organisation's cross-cultural business practices using theoretical models of culture
1.1 Define key elements of culture and cultural diversity from a range of perspectives
1.2 Analyse the organisation's cultural practices in comparison to other cultures
1.3 Identify and implement improvements to practices and raise awareness of issues identified
1.4 Identify strengths and limitations of theoretical models of culture and diversity
2. Evaluate features of cultures relevant to the organisation's business requirements
2.1 Describe significant events that have shaped selected cultures
2.2 Research and profile key characteristics of business systems in selected countries
2.3 Analyse and describe broad cultural differences in business behaviour in selected countries
2.4 Research and evaluate distinguishing features of business practices in selected countries
3. Develop cross-cultural awareness strategies, and communication and negotiation skills in a business setting
3.1 Identify and communicate ways in which workplace cultural norms impact business practices
3.2 Evaluate potential impact of improved cross-cultural awareness on business interactions
3.3 Apply formal and informal coaching and training strategies to improve organisational cross-cultural communication practices and strategies
3.4 Identify and apply negotiation strategies to address business requirements in a cross-cultural setting
3.5 Determine appropriate criteria and strategies to evaluate effectiveness of communication and negotiation in a cross-cultural business setting