Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AMPR104, 'Prepare minced meat and minced meat products'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare minced meat and minced meat products' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Clean and prepare processing equipment used in the preparation of minced meat products
1.1 Prepare mincing equipment according to manufacturer specifications and workplace health and safety, and hygiene and sanitation requirements
1.2 Clean mincing equipment according to manufacturer specifications, and workplace health and safety requirements
1.3 Adjust mincing equipment as required in accordance with manufacturer specifications and workplace, health, safety and hygiene requirements
2. Mince meat
2.1 Select trimmings according to workplace policy
2.2 Cut trimmings to manufacturer specifications and workplace requirements to avoid blockages in mincer
2.3 Feed trimmings through mincer efficiently to avoid blockages and heat build-up
2.4 Accurately identify species
2.5 Separately store species according to product description
2.6 Maintain product at correct temperature during processing
2.7 Handle and store products at correct temperature and conditions
3. Prepare minced meat products
3.1 Prepare minced meat products according to regulatory, workplace, hygiene, health and safety requirements
3.2 Combine ingredients to workplace requirements
3.3 Measure fat content
3.4 Process meat in preparation for forming to product specifications and regulatory requirements
3.5 Form product to specifications and regulatory requirements
3.6 Maintain correct temperature of product during processing and handling
3.7 Store product at correct temperature and conditions