Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AMPS312, 'Prepare meat-based pates and terrines for commercial sale'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare meat-based pates and terrines for commercial sale' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Prepare ingredients
1.1 Prepare work area
1.2 Select ingredients for pÃ¢tÃ©s and terrines according to specifications
1.3 Pre-prepare meat and offal ingredients according to specifications
1.4 Pre-cook meat, offal and other ingredients according to specifications
1.5 Prepare and line moulds for pÃ¢tÃ©s and terrines according to specifications
1.6 Set-up equipment and conduct pre-operational checks on required specialised machinery
2. Prepare pÃ¢tÃ©s and terrines
2.1 Prepare and use a range of binding agents and processes required in the preparation of basic forcemeat
2.2 Prepare a range of pastries suitable for pÃ¢tÃ© en croute and handle correctly to ensure high quality and attractive presentation
2.3 Use specialised machinery for making pÃ¢tÃ©s and terrines correctly and safely according to manufacturer instructions
2.4 Cook pÃ¢tÃ©s and terrines to specification ensuring non-spore forming pathogens are destroyed
2.5 Assess product stability and spreadability
3. Pack and store pÃ¢tÃ©s and terrines
3.1 Select and pack pÃ¢tÃ©s and terrines using appropriate packaging
3.2 Chill pÃ¢tÃ©s and terrines at a sufficient rate to prevent spore-forming pathogens
3.3 Store pÃ¢tÃ©s and terrines according to regulatory requirements
4. Develop new recipes
4.1 Develop recipes for pÃ¢tÃ©s and terrines using a range of suitable products, with consideration given to food safety, taste and presentation
4.2 Cost and price new recipes
4.3 Assess and evaluate customer response to new recipes