Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AUM2901B, 'Develop and produce documentation and procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop and produce documentation and procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Identify documentation requirements
1.1. The need for documentation is identified and evaluated in consultation with management, production, development and maintenance staff, and in accordance with organisation requirements
1.2. Specifications and justification for documentation and associated procedures are prepared ensuring that the documentation will facilitate efficient and effective communication between the relevant internal and/or external persons involved in the processes concerned
1.3. Approval is sought from appropriate personnel for the proposed documentation arrangements, and appropriate changes made, as required
2. Develop draft documentation, procedures and usage instructions
2.1. Suitable documentation and associated procedures are developed in accordance with the approved specification for proposed arrangements
3. Trial and modify draft documentation, procedures and usage instructions
3.1. Draft documentation, procedures and usage instructions are prepared and trialled with the intended users in accordance with company requirements
3.2. The draft documentation, procedures and usage instructions are appropriately modified in accordance with feedback provided by the intended users to meet work quality goals
3.3. A report on the outcomes of the trial of draft documentation, procedures and usage instructions is prepared and approval sought from appropriate personnel for implementation of the proposed arrangement in accordance with company procedures
4. Produce documentation and usage instructions
4.1. Documentation and usage instructions as approved are produced according to specifications and company procedures
4.2. Intended users are instructed in the use of the documentation in accordance with company requirement
5. Store and distribute documentation and usage instructions
5.1. Documentation and usage instructions, as approved, are stored and distributed in accordance with company requirements