Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AURB318207B, 'Design and build bicycle wheels'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Design and build bicycle wheels' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Gather information on bicycle wheel
1.1. Check customer requirements and confirm intended use of the unit being designed following workplace procedures
1.2. Research bicycle wheel design requirements and check specifications
1.3. Confirm bicycle wheel design and specifications with customer
1.4. Check tooling and equipment prior to use for conformity with specifications and safe condition
2. Prepare for building of bicycle wheel
2.1. Plan build sequence, including post-build checking process
2.2. Determine availability of tooling and equipment to meet job requirements
2.3. Prepare material list and determine availability
2.4. Prepare tooling and equipment and check to ensure they are in good working order
2.5. Prepare work area and materials
3. Build bicycle wheel
3.1. Perform build operations for bicycle wheel according to plan
3.2. Use personal safety equipment and precautions to protect others in the workplace
3.3. Handle and use tools and equipment safely
3.4. Check customer requirements and bicycle wheel specifications following build procedures
4. Test bicycle wheel and complete work
4.1. Operate built bicycle wheel through full range, noting test results, including non-conformity
4.2. Check built bicycle wheel, complete adjustments and prepare unit for delivery
4.3. Store portable tooling and equipment in approved designated areas
4.4. Clean work area and dispose of waste following workplace procedures
4.5. Update workplace records, customer file and warranty information as required by enterprise