Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AURBTD003, 'Repair and overhaul bicycle steering systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Repair and overhaul bicycle steering systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold and italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions section.
1. Prepare to repair and overhaul bicycle steering system
1.1 Job requirements are determined from workplace instructions
1.2 Manufacturer specifications, workplace procedures and other relevant technical information are accessed and interpreted
1.3 Hazards associated with the work are identified and risks are managed
1.4 Tools and equipment, including personal protective equipment (PPE), are selected and checked for serviceability
1.5 Work is planned to avoid damage to bicycle, minimise waste and use time efficiently
2. Inspect steering system
2.1 Bicycle steering system is checked for faults and worn or damaged components using visual inspection methods and by comparing measurements against manufacturer specifications
2.2 Repair and replacement options are identified, documented and costed for customer approval according to workplace procedures
2.3 Work area, replacement parts and bicycle are prepared for repair work
3. Carry out repair and overhaul of steering system
3.1 Repair and overhaul activities are carried out according to workplace procedures, work plan, and safety and environmental requirements
3.2 Required replacement parts are checked and fitted according to manufacturer specifications
3.3 Repaired steering system is checked and tested for correct operation according to manufacturer specifications
3.4 Repaired steering system is adjusted and aligned as required according to workplace procedures
3.5 Results and quality issues are reported to authorised personnel as required
4. Complete work processes
4.1 Final inspection is made to ensure work meets workplace expectations and bicycle is presented ready for use
4.2 Work area is cleaned, waste and non-recyclable materials are disposed of, and recyclable material is collected and stored
4.3 Tools and equipment are checked, reported if faulty, and stored according to workplace procedures
4.4 Workplace documentation is processed according to workplace procedures