Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIB3004, 'Manage and carry out pre- and post-flight cabin checks'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage and carry out pre- and post-flight cabin checks' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Carry out pre-flight safety and security checks
Pre-flight cabin safety and security checks are carried out in accordance with regulatory requirements and workplace procedures
Appropriate action is taken to promptly address identified problems related to aircraft safety or security and/or to report these problems to relevant personnel, in accordance with regulatory requirements and workplace procedures
Crew Resource Management (CRM) principles are applied to establish and maintain awareness of the impact of time and/or commercial pressure on safety-sensitive tasks
Tasks are prioritised during pre-flight checks to ensure critical safety tasks are addressed prior to service checks
Appropriate action is taken in accordance with workplace procedures to report or rectify situations where cabin safety resources are faulty or inadequate, in accordance with regulatory requirements and workplace procedures
Prepare aircraft cabin for service
Preparation of cabin for passenger arrival is conducted in accordance with workplace procedures
Pre-flight cabin service checks are carried out in accordance with regulatory requirements and workplace procedures
Cabin resources are accessed to replenish depleted stocks as required
Cabin configuration faults are reported/rectified in accordance with workplace procedures
Carry out post-flight checks
Post-flight cabin safety, security and service checks are carried out in accordance with regulatory requirements and workplace procedures
Aircraft cabin and systems are inspected for serviceability, and depleted stocks are identified and reported in accordance with workplace procedures
Carry out administrative procedures
Workplace administrative procedures concerning cabin safety, security and service checks and related action are identified and interpreted
Administrative procedures are implemented in accordance with regulatory requirements and workplace procedures
All required pre-flight and post-flight cabin safety, security and service checking documentation is completed in accordance with regulatory requirements and workplace requirements