Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIE4001B, 'Maintain aircraft radio communications'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain aircraft radio communications' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Conduct radio communications
1.1 Transmission and receipt of radio telephone messages is carried out using English language in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
1.2 Emergency and urgency transmissions and procedures are made in accordance with the En Route Supplement Australia (ERSA) (current edition) and the Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP)
1.3 All messages are reacted to appropriately in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
1.4 A listening watch is maintained throughout a flight in accordance with workplace procedures
2Manage radio equipment malfunctions
2.1 Radiotelephone equipment failure procedures are performed in the event of a loss of radio transmission or reception in accordance with Flight Manual/Pilot's Operating Handbook (POH)
2.2 Fault finding procedures and corrective actions not involving special tools or instruments are employed
3.1 Aircraft transponder is operated and monitored in accordance with the AIP during normal operations
3.2 Aircraft transponder is operated and monitored in accordance with the AIP during non-normal and emergency operations