Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIF0001, 'Apply aircraft safety procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply aircraft safety procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Prepare for airside operations
Suitable personal protective equipment (PPE) and clothing is fitted and worn correctly
Airside hazards are identified and appropriate risk management controls are implemented
Airside operating conditions and restrictions, and interim instructions are confirmed and applied to individual tasks
Airside safety and operational briefings are received and acknowledged prior to operating around aircraft
Operate around aircraft
Airside operating conditions and requirements are implemented
Airside access and aviation security procedures are applied
Aircraft manoeuvring practices are confirmed
Aircraft safety hazards and zones are confirmed
Effective individual safety controls are implemented during operations within close proximity to aircraft
Normal and emergency aircraft access and egress procedures are confirmed and applied during airside operations
Appropriate verbal and non-verbal communication techniques are applied with flight crew and other ground personnel during routine and abnormal operations
Implement aviation safety emergency procedures
Airside incident or accident is identified and communicated to relevant personnel
Individual emergency response actions are taken to preserve own safety
Appropriate individual response actions are taken to assist other airside personnel during incidents or accidents