Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIF0006, 'Manage aviation risk'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage aviation risk' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Establish risk management context
Nature and extent of aviation operational activity, its objectives and outcomes are established within the organisational context
Strategic and risk management context are identified in accordance with organisational requirements
Stakeholders are identified and consulted to ensure their views, concerns and needs are taken into account in the risk management process
Criteria for assessing aviation risk are determined in accordance with workplace standards
Risk management criteria is determined to provide guidance on balancing risk, costs, benefits and opportunities
Risk management criteria are monitored, reviewed and adjusted to ensure opportunities, and current and emerging trends are reflected
Plan for risk management
Sources of risks are identified and consulted to ensure full coverage
Risks are assessed and documented in consultation with stakeholders, and risk level thresholds are established
Risk controls are considered/modified and selected for acceptability
Risk management plan and evaluation methodology is developed and communicated to stakeholders
Monitor and evaluate aviation risk
Aviation risk management plan is implemented and monitored in accordance with workplace standards
Internal and external risks to outcomes are monitored and remedial actions are identified as required and initiated
Risk management plans are reviewed routinely, on occurrence of events of significant importance to the organisation and when required by regulatory practice
Stakeholder feedback is obtained and considered in evaluation activity
Recommendations for enhancing risk management plan are formulated and implemented
Outcomes of evaluation are effectively communicated to stakeholders