Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIF2019A, 'Work in aircraft confined spaces'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work in aircraft confined spaces' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Plan and prepare for work in an aircraft confined space
1.1 Work instructions relevant to the task being performed are obtained, confirmed and applied to the allocated task in accordance with established workplace procedures
1.2 Safety requirements are applied to the allocated task in accordance with established workplace procedures
1.3 Authorisation to enter the confined space is obtained in accordance with established workplace procedures
1.4 Tools, equipment and personal protective equipment are selected to carry out task consistent with the requirements of the job
1.5 Serviceability of tools, equipment and personal protective equipment is checked and any faults are rectified or reported in accordance with established workplace procedures
2Enter and work in an aircraft confined space
2.1 Access cover/cargo hold door is removed or opened as required
2.2 Confined space is entered in accordance with established workplace procedures
2.3 Communication is maintained with appropriate personnel in accordance with established workplace procedures
2.4 Designated work in confined space is conducted in accordance with established workplace procedures
3Exit aircraft confined space
3.1 Confined space is exited according to established workplace procedures
3.2 Tools, equipment, material and personal protective equipment are recovered from the confined space
3.3 Access cover/cargo hold door is replaced or closed as required
4Complete confined space activities
4.1 Tools, equipment and personal protective equipment are checked and stored in accordance with established workplace procedures
4.2 Unserviceable tools, equipment and personal protective equipment are fixed or reported in accordance with established workplace procedures
4.3 Documentation is completed in accordance with established workplace procedures