Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIF3004B, 'Supervise the safety of aerodrome works and general access'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Supervise the safety of aerodrome works and general access' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Prepare for aerodrome works
1.1 Official notification of impending start to the works is confirmed with appropriate aerodrome personnel
1.2 Processes for the safe conduct of the aerodrome works are developed or adapted from relevant plans, drawings, procedures documents, and Method of Working Plans (MOWPs) in accordance with workplace procedures
2Supervise aerodrome access by vehicles and personnel
2.1 Access requirements and relevant authorisation for all vehicles and personnel are determined in accordance with workplace procedures
2.2 Personnel, vehicles and equipment entering the airside are inspected to ensure compliance with aerodrome requirements
2.3 Appropriate supervision of airside personnel and vehicles is maintained throughout period on airside
2.4 Vehicles are inspected to ensure they are marked in an appropriate manner
3Supervise aerodrome works
3.1 Unserviceability markers and barriers are positioned in accordance with workplace procedures and regulations
3.2 Aerodrome work procedures are supervised in accordance with MOWPs or other workplace procedures
3.3 The activities of personnel, vehicles and plant on the movement area are managed to ensure the safety of aircraft
3.4 Works are completed in accordance with relevant MOWP
3.5 Updated notification information is issued to ensure continued safe conduct of aerodrome works and aircraft operations
3.6 At such times as required by aircraft, the aerodrome is temporarily restored to operational status in accordance with workplace procedures
4Complete aerodrome works
4.1 The work area is cleared of personnel, vehicles and plant in a safe and timely manner, ensuring the aerodrome has been restored to full operational status
4.2 The works-affected area is inspected for serviceability in accordance with workplace procedures
4.3 The aerodrome overall is inspected for serviceability in accordance with workplace procedures
4.4 Relevant authorities or organisations are notified of the restoration of aerodrome serviceability in accordance with workplace procedures, using suitable means of communication