Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIF5003B, 'Manage human performance and team resources during air traffic control operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage human performance and team resources during air traffic control operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Maximise personal performance
1.1 Factors affecting personal human performance are monitored and managed
1.2 Appropriate assertiveness is used
1.3 Personal workload is regulated by prioritising work tasks
1.4 Human-machine Interface (HMI) is optimised to enhance human performance
1.5 Aeronautical decision-making techniques are practised to improve overall performance
1.6 Appropriate work ethic is practised
1.7 Where an identified loss of personal performance is attributable to health or other uncontrollable causes, and may prejudice the safety of personnel and/or aircraft, the situation is reported and appropriate emergency action is taken
2.1 Error prevention techniques are practised
2.2 Errors are recognised and rectified
2.3 Undesired states resulting from errors are recovered
2.4 Personal responsibility for the commission of any errors is acknowledged and accepted
3Participate as a team member
3.1 Roles and responsibilities of others are considered
3.2 Duty of care is practised
3.3 Factors affecting the human performance of others are monitored
3.4 Situational leadership and followership skills are practised to increase team output
3.5 Team behaviours are practised to improve group performance