Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVII2001, 'Provide customer service on an aircraft'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide customer service on an aircraft' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Provide customer service prior to departure
Passengers are met and welcomed on boarding aircraft in accordance with regulatory requirements and workplace procedures
Hazards are identified, risks are assessed and hazard management is implemented
Boarding passes are checked to confirm correct flight and seating, and passengers are directed to their seat locations in accordance with regulatory requirements and workplace procedures
Carry-on baggage is monitored to ensure it does not exceed allowable limits, and appropriate action is taken to remove baggage that exceeds these limits to hold stowage
Passengers are assisted to stow cabin baggage and personal items in accordance with regulatory requirements
Action is taken to ensure passengers are promptly seated with their seat belts correctly fastened in accordance with regulatory requirements
Passengers with specific needs are appropriately assisted
Passengers sitting over the wings and passengers with specific needs are given individual briefings in accordance with regulatory requirements and workplace procedures
Appropriate responses are made to passenger queries and requests
Passenger pre-departure cabin service items are offered as appropriate
Customer service is suspended during aircraft take-off
Advise on and use cabin features and amenities
Passengers are advised about relevant features and amenities available including those available for passengers with specific needs
Cabin equipment and amenities are used in accordance with regulatory requirements and workplace procedures
Cabin equipment and amenities are correctly stowed after use in accordance with regulatory requirements and workplace procedures
Provide customer service during flight
Toilets and facilities are periodically checked and serviced to ensure they meet workplace standards and are adequately stocked with relevant resources
Passenger safety, security and comfort needs are anticipated, and appropriate action is taken and responses are made
Aircraft cabin is patrolled to confirm passenger safety and comfort needs are being adequately satisfied in accordance with regulatory requirements and workplace procedures
Provide customer service on arrival
Passengers are assisted in accessing baggage and personal items as required
Advice is provided on local time and weather conditions as required
Appropriate information is provided about terminal facilities and transport options
Passengers with specific needs are assisted as required in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
Passengers are farewelled courteously in accordance with workplace procedures
Passengers are guided to appropriate exit
Provide support to other members of aircraft crew
Appropriate assistance is provided to other cabin crew team members in accordance with workplace procedures
Other crew members are advised of variations to workplace procedures
Meals and refreshments are served to flight crew in accordance with workplace procedures and flight schedule
Carry out administrative procedures
Workplace administrative procedures are identified and interpreted
Administrative procedures are implemented in accordance with workplace and regulatory requirements
All required aircraft documentation/data capture is completed in accordance with workplace requirements