Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVII2004B, 'Provide advice on cuisine on an aircraft'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide advice on cuisine on an aircraft' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Discuss menu items and selections
1.1 Culinary styles and cooking methods of menu items are discussed with passengers using appropriate language, terminology and correct pronunciation according to the passenger's needs
1.2 Passengers are advised on the selection of menu items available, providing options and possible variations where appropriate to passenger and operational needs
2Advise passengers on food
2.1 Information is accessed from appropriate sources in order to advise passengers on menu items in accordance with workplace procedures
2.2 Passengers are advised on a range of foods, in terms of varieties, quality factors, ingredients and cooking methods, where applicable, using standard airline descriptions and in accordance with workplace procedures
2.3 Foods are described using standard industry descriptions in terms of preparation methods and styles of service
3Advise passengers on special menu items
3.1 Passengers are advised on special menu items using standard airline descriptions and the appropriate terminology in accordance with workplace procedures
3.2 Appropriate responses are made to passenger requests for information on dietary features of special menu items in accordance with workplace procedures
4Contribute to menu development
4.1 Trends in passenger needs are identified and interpreted based on direct contact and workplace experience
4.2 Advice on hygiene approaches is provided upon request
4.3 Suggestions and feedback on possible changes to menu development is provided to relevant personnel in accordance with workplace procedures