Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVII2006, 'Conduct in-flight retailing'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct in-flight retailing' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Assess customer needs
Appropriate questioning techniques are used to determine customer needs and product preferences in accordance with workplace procedures
Individual needs of customers are accurately assessed and suitable products are identified
Advice is courteously provided to customers about products available for sale in accordance with workplace procedures and trade practices regulations
Promote products and customer services
Products and services available to customers are effectively promoted in accordance with workplace procedures
Selling techniques appropriate to the product and customer are employed, in order to make sale in accordance with workplace procedures
Customers are courteously advised of amount due in accordance with workplace procedures
Payments for products are processed in accordance with workplace procedures, including credit card transactions
Currency conversion rates are correctly applied during transactions
Correct change is returned to customer
Appropriate precautions are taken to minimise/identify incidences of credit card fraud in accordance with workplace procedures
Complaints are promptly and sensitively identified and received in accordance with workplace procedures
Complaints are handled and/or reported to senior personnel in accordance with workplace procedures
Appropriate follow-up action is taken to ensure a positive outcome in accordance with workplace procedures
Complete administrative requirements
Reconciliation of money and stock is completed in accordance with workplace procedures
Appropriate documentation of financial transactions and reconciliations is completed, in accordance with workplace procedures and customs requirements
Pay-in procedures are accurately performed in accordance with workplace operational and security procedures
Carry out stocktaking procedures
Stocktaking procedures are carried out accurately, in a timely manner and in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
Shortfalls are checked and reported as required
Required stocktaking documentation is completed in accordance with workplace procedures and customs requirements
Order and store stock
Internal requisitions are correctly placed in accordance with workplace procedures and customs requirements
Uplifted stock is received and checked for quality and quantity
Faulty or incorrect goods delivered are promptly identified and appropriate action is taken in accordance with workplace procedures
Uplifted stock is correctly stored in accordance with workplace procedures
Stock is handled and stored using safe manual handling methods in accordance with work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) regulations
Compliance is maintained with security procedures to protect saleable amenities and revenue at all times in accordance with workplace procedures
Breaches in security are promptly identified and reported, and appropriate action is taken in accordance with workplace procedures