Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIL3002, 'Complete aircraft dispatch duties'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Complete aircraft dispatch duties' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Hazards are identified, risks are assessed and hazard management is implemented
On boarding announcement, passengers are greeted at the gate and their boarding passes are checked manually or electronically
Passenger details are added to passenger list and loading sheet and their boarding pass in accordance with manual processes
Passenger boarding pass is returned on confirmation in accordance with computerised processes
Appropriate action is taken in consultation with passenger to resolve boarding pass problems
Passenger is referred to appropriate customer service staff when boarding pass problem cannot be readily resolved
Passenger cabin baggage is monitored for size and weight and is checked with the aid of a cabin baggage size gauge
Passenger is advised oversize/overweight cabin baggage must be carried in the hold and arrangements are made to have baggage appropriately tagged and transferred to baggage handling section
Passengers are directed to aircraft via aerobridge/aircraft stairs in accordance with type of aircraft and airport facility
Communicate with flight crew
Appropriate communications are maintained with senior cabin/flight crew on aircraft to facilitate smooth and timely boarding of passengers
Printouts or manually-completed passenger list, manifest, load sheet and special meals list are provided to senior cabin/flight crew on aircraft in accordance with workplace procedures
Once provisional load sheet has been signed by pilot in command, a copy is retained in accordance with workplace procedures
On closing of aircraft door, authority is given to retract aerobridge/stairs
Aircraft dispatch problems are identified, confirmed and resolved in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
Appropriate people are consulted during aircraft dispatch operations
Copies of passenger list and load sheet are processed/filed in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements