Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIL3003, 'Plan an aircraft load'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan an aircraft load' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Gather data on aircraft load
Data required to plan aircraft load is collected using appropriate techniques and technology in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
Relevant people are consulted about acceptance of freight for air transport
Types of freight to be transported are identified in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
Review and analyse data
Collected data is reviewed using manual or computer techniques in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
Appropriate consideration of aircraft destination, time, weather, duration of flight, mix of load, aircraft fuel weight and other relevant parameters is included in analysis of data
Prepare load plan
An appropriate load plan is prepared using manual or computerised techniques for aircraft concerned in accordance with workplace procedures, aircraft loading manual and relevant regulatory requirements
Hazards are identified, risks are assessed and hazard management is implemented
Aircraft trim and balance requirements are provided for in prepared load plan in accordance with the relevant aircraft loading manual
Complete and process required documentation
Relevant documentation is prepared and signed in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
Documentation is processed and dispatched to relevant personnel in accordance with workplace procedures, local airport instructions and relevant regulatory requirements