Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIM5005, 'Conduct training for the issue of an endorsement'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct training for the issue of an endorsement' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Develop training and briefing plans
Training plan is prepared that identifies each ground briefing and flight exercise required to achieve the standard specified to issue an endorsement or military equivalent
Hazards are identified, risks are assessed and hazard management is implemented
Briefing plan is produced that addresses technical and human factors knowledge required to issue an endorsement or military equivalent
Airborne training plan is prepared that identifies the sequence and duration of each flight training exercise required to achieve the standard specified to issue of an endorsement or military equivalent
Conduct pre- and post-flight briefings
Pre-flight briefing is delivered for each flight identified in the training plan
Pilot under training is debriefed on performance in accordance with established workplace procedures
Aeronautical knowledge training is delivered in accordance with training plan and established workplace procedures
Flight training sequences are conducted to required standards specified in established workplace procedures
Pilot under training is assessed against competency standards specified to issue an endorsement or military equivalent
Pilot under training deficiencies are identified and remedial training is planned as required
Complete post-training administration
Pilot under training results are recorded in accordance with established workplace procedures
Relevant staff are informed of pilot under training performance and results
Administration procedures required to issue an endorsement or military equivalent are completed in accordance with established workplace procedures