Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIO2005A, 'Conduct screening using Explosive Trace Detection (ETD)'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct screening using Explosive Trace Detection (ETD)' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Set up, check and operate ETD equipment
Correct procedures for setting up ETD equipment in an aviation workplace are followed
Required ETD equipment checks are carried out and appropriate action is taken in accordance with workplace procedures
ETD equipment calibration is performed at set up and during operations in accordance with workplace procedures
ETD equipment is operated in accordance with workplace procedures
Occupational health and safety (OHS) procedures are followed when setting up and operating the ETD equipment
Conduct ETD sampling process
Selected persons or articles are screened using an ETD wand, in accordance with legislative requirements and workplace procedures
The sample is tested using ETD equipment in accordance with legislative requirements and workplace procedures
Respond to results of sample
Positive and negative results are recognised in accordance with workplace procedures
Action is taken in response to a positive result in accordance with legislative requirements and workplace procedures
Record ETD analysis information for evidential purposes
Equipment checks and calibration results are recorded and reported in accordance with workplace procedures
Calibrations and alarms are saved in accordance with workplace procedures
Records of sampling processes, positive and negative results and consequent actions are completed in accordance with workplace procedures