Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIO2009B, 'Screen articles by interpreting X-ray images'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Screen articles by interpreting X-ray images' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Set up and test X-ray screening equipment
X-ray screening equipment is set up in accordance with workplace procedures
Required daily tests are carried out in accordance with workplace procedures
X-ray screening equipment safety risks are identified and controlled in accordance with workplace procedures during set up and testing
Operate X-ray screening equipment
X-ray equipment is operated in accordance with workplace procedures
X-ray screening equipment safety risks are identified and controlled in accordance with workplace procedures during operation
Interpret X-ray images
X-ray images are interpreted in accordance with workplace procedures
Image enhancement functions are used effectively in accordance with workplace procedures
Colours on the X-ray image are correctly interpreted in accordance with workplace procedures
Article shapes and sizes on the X-ray image are correctly interpreted in accordance with workplace procedures
Prohibited items, weapons and explosives on the X-ray image are correctly detected in accordance with workplace procedures
Take appropriate action when weapons, explosives and prohibited items are detected
Suspected explosives are reported to screening point supervisor and appropriate action is taken in accordance with legislative requirements and workplace procedures
Suspected weapons or prohibited items are reported to the screening point supervisor and appropriate action is taken in accordance with legislative requirements and workplace procedures