Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIO2011A, 'Screen people to enter an airside security zone or landside security zone'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Screen people to enter an airside security zone or landside security zone' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare for screening
Legislative requirements relevant to screening people at airports are identified and complied with
Screening equipment is tested in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and workplace procedures
Screening equipment safety risks are identified and controlled in accordance with workplace procedures during set up and testing
The purpose of the screening is identified and appropriate screening equipment is selected in accordance with workplace procedures
Orderly flow of people is maintained through the screening point in accordance with workplace procedures
Courteous, professional and sensitive communications are used to assist persons through the screening process
Infants and people with special needs are identified and accommodated in accordance with workplace procedures
Potential causes of delays arising are identified, communicated to relevant personnel and acted upon to minimise their impact
Action is taken in response to persons not consenting in accordance with workplace procedures
Respond to detection of weapons, explosives, prohibited items or LAG products
Workplace procedures are followed in response to the detection of suspected weapons, explosives, prohibited substances or LAG products
Weapons, explosives and prohibited items are handled and stored in accordance with legislative requirements and workplace procedures
LAG products are handled and destroyed in accordance with legislative requirements and workplace procedures
Undertake a frisk search of persons
Power to undertake a frisk search of persons under the applicable legislation and workplace procedures is understood and applied
Consent of a person is obtained prior to conducting a frisk search, including the identification of a private area where the frisk search is to be conducted
A frisk search of a person is carried out in accordance with workplace procedures
Occupational health and safety (OHS) procedures are followed during the conduct of a frisk search of persons
Special screening methods and requirements are applied when conducting a frisk search of infants, children or other persons with special needs in accordance with workplace procedures