Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIW2032, 'Fast rope from a helicopter'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Fast rope from a helicopter' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Apply aircraft safety procedures
Dress and equipment is secured for operating in and around a helicopter
Helicopter is approached, entered and exited in a safe manner in accordance with workplace procedures and/or flight crew instructions
Individual seating is occupied and restraint devices are applied
Identified hazards are communicated to fast rope team members
Flight crew instructions are followed
Environmental conditions and alternative routes to/from helicopter are identified
Prepare for fast roping operation
Fast roping descent instructions are received and confirmed as required
Workplace procedures, work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) requirements and safety control measures are applied
Operational and fast rope equipment including personal protective equipment (PPE) is selected and fitted in accordance with workplace procedures
Individual pre-flight check of fast rope equipment is conducted
Damage to operational, fast rope and safety equipment is reported and remedial action is taken in accordance with workplace procedures
Emplane and complete on-board procedures
Aircraft is approached and emplaned in accordance with workplace procedures
Fast ropes are secured to allocated rope attachment device, checked and prepared for flight
Ropers and operational equipment are secured prior to flight
Flight crew orders and instructions are complied with
Fast ropes and operational equipment are monitored during flight
Communications and directions are interpreted and relayed to ropers
Individual in-flight safety checks are conducted
Fast rope from helicopter
Fast rope exit positions are adopted under supervision of flight crew or safety officer
Positions are resumed in aircraft on abort instruction from flight crew
Fast ropes are deployed on instruction from flight crew or safety officer
Aircraft is exited on instruction of flight crew or safety officer
Aircraft emergency and fast rope contingency procedures are implemented as required
Fast rope is descended in a controlled manner
Landing and clearance of roping point is conducted in accordance with workplace procedures
Equipment is gathered and taken to designated team assembly point
De-service fast rope equipment
Area is cleared in preparation for de-servicing of fast rope equipment in accordance with workplace procedures
Fast rope and operational equipment is de-serviced and stowed in accordance with workplace procedures