Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVIW3004, 'Operate ramp equipment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate ramp equipment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Conduct pre-operational checks
Personal protective equipment is selected and used in accordance with workplace procedures
Pre-operational checks of ramp equipment are conducted in accordance with workplace procedures and manufacturer instructions
Fluid levels are topped up as required in accordance with workplace procedures
Ramp equipment faults and malfunctions identified during pre-operational checks are rectified or reported in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
Operate ramp equipment as part of baggage loading/unloading operations
Ramp equipment is manoeuvred to aircraft and positioned in preparation for baggage loading/unloading operations in accordance with workplace procedures, local instructions and relevant regulatory requirements
Height of ramp equipment is adjusted to align with baggage hold doorway and baggage carts in accordance with workplace procedures and manufacturer instructions
Ramp equipment is operated in accordance with workplace procedures, work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) regulations and manufacturer instructions
Hazards associated with operation of ramp equipment are identified and appropriate precautions are taken in accordance with WHS/OHS regulations and workplace hazard management strategies
Safe manual handling techniques are applied when handling baggage as part of ramp operation activities in accordance with WHS/OHS regulations and workplace procedures
Loading/unloading of baggage is completed in collaboration with other members of ramp team in accordance with team leader/supervisor directions, load plan, workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
Retract and store ramp equipment
Ramp equipment is retracted and manoeuvred to storage bay/area at completion of loading activities in accordance with workplace procedures
Post-operational checks of ramp equipment are conducted in accordance with workplace procedures and manufacturer instructions
Ramp equipment faults and malfunctions identified during post-operational checks are rectified or reported in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
Ramp equipment is refuelled and fluid levels are topped up in accordance with workplace procedures, relevant regulatory requirements and manufacturer instructions
Equipment log or operational documentation is completed in accordance with workplace procedures, local instructions and regulatory requirements